If you hate closing Outlook 2010 when accidentally pressing the X button in the top right corner, here is a fix for that. After adding KeepOutlookRunning.dll to your Outlook add-ins, Outlook 2010 will no longer close, but it will minimize instead.
- Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86 / x64)
- Download keepoutlook.dll
- Start Outlook as Administrator
- Go to File -> Options -> Add-Ins
- At the bottom: Manage [COM-Addins] press [Go…]
- [Add…] the KeepOutlookRunning.dll file
- Restart Outlook as a normal user